The open-air cinema event entitled “TOWER LIGHT CINEMA – Won’t you come talk about cinema?” will be held at Minato City Shiba Park in Minato-ku, Tokyo on October 16 (Sun).
Come and join us as we look forward to seeing you all to experience this special event cooperated with Kino-Iglu -the film lovers’ association who often organize open-air screening with interesting activities in Japan! (kinoiglu.com/)
Please read the instructions below before you participate how to enjoy the night-out as this is not an ordinary open-air cinema event as you have ever experienced!
The purpose of this event is sending our message “love for cinema” from Tokyo to the rest of the world. Participants can not only enjoy a film with Tokyo Tower in full view but also discuss your passion towards films together with other participants!
Please download from here.→PDF(167KB)
« How to enjoy a Night at TOWER LIGHT CINEMA »
1) Participants can enjoy a film with Tokyo Tower in full view.
2) Participants will wear a cinema placard with a list of their three favorite films to serve as conversation starters with other participants of the event. (Festival staff and security crew will join in too!)
3) Participants will enjoy a showing of “Be Kind Rewind,” the “Cinema Paradiso” of our generation.
4) A commemorative group photo will be taken at the end of the event.
5) The cinema placards will be collected at the end of the event. A TIFF press release will be posted at a later date with the list of everyone’s favorite films, along with the group photo.
6) Instagram :#tlctokyo
In the 13 years I’ve been running this travelling movie theater, time and again, I’ve seen how much people love cinema. This time around, we have collaborated with the Tokyo International Film Festival to create a happy place where we can share that bubble of love and fully immerse ourselves in the world of movies. Join us, and don’t be afraid to share a personal story or two about a certain film on your mind. (I once watched a film that drastically changed my life.) We will be waiting for you at Minato City Shiba Park, where you can also enjoy a full view of Tokyo Tower.
–Rui Arisaka, Kino Iglu (TOWER LIGHT CINEMA Producer)
Tokyo International Film Festival “Tower Light Cinema” -Won’t you come talk about cinema?
Date: Oct.16 (Sun), 2016
Place: Minato City Shiba park, Minato-ku, Tokyo →Access: Google map
Starting time: 5:30 p.m.
Film Showing: “BE KIND REWIND” (2008) /Director: Michel Gondry
*Cancelled in the event of rain or bad weather. Please bring picnic sheets and blankets with you. Use of personal chairs is not allowed.
Hosted by: UNIJAPAN –29th Tokyo International Film Festival Executive Committee
Co-hosted by: Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Minato City
Produced by: Kino Iglu -TOWER LIGHT CINEMA Producer（kinoiglu.com）
Director: Michel Gondry
Cast: Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover, Mia Farrow, Melonie Diaz, Sigourney Weaver
Video rental store clerks re-shoot Hollywood films with their own camera without any permission in this heart-warming comedy directed from film-loving director, Michel Gondry.
Supported by: STAR CHANNEL, INC.